When I try to describe the experience of being a writer/speaker, “it’s complicated” often comes to mind! Publishers and agents want me to have a platform of millions. Because I don’t have that, I sometimes get caught up in the trap of thinking that what I do doesn’t matter. But then, I’m reminded of the numerous times people have told me how much they enjoy my social media and blog posts. I may not have millions of followers, but I have a consistent base of folks who value what I have to say. I’m grateful for that audience, and I want to do my part to help someone else develop one of their own.
I’m a contributor to Everbloom: Stories of Deeply Rooted and Transformed Lives, and our book releases in FOUR MORE DAYS! I have a copy of Everbloom to give away to one of my readers, but there’s a creative catch. I’m hosting a writing contest, and the winner will be announced on Tuesday, April 25th, the Everbloom launch date. Here are the details!
I want to hear your stories of living a deeply rooted and transformed life. Whether it involves an experience from your childhood or an epiphany you had last week, it’s your chance to put your experience in writing and share it. Your story can be an essay, a poem, or narrative nonfiction.
- Poems should be no longer than two pages. Essays should be 500-750 words, narrative nonfiction should be no more than 1,500 words.
- All entries must stay with the theme of “deeply rooted and transformed lives;” in particular, how walking with God has allowed you to experience being deeply rooted and transformed. Feel free to work within the context of the four Everbloom categories: roots, trunk, branches, and blossoms.
- Each entry should be submitted no later than 8 a.m. (central) on Monday, April 24, 2017. One entry per person.
- Email entries as an attachment to info(at)Nilwona(dot)com with “Everbloom contest” as the subject.
- The first-place winner will receive a free copy of Everbloom and will have their piece published on The Dreamer Speaks. The second-place winner will have their piece published on The Dreamer Speaks.
- Winners will be announced at noon on Tuesday, April 25, 2017.